Monday 2 August 2010

Samsung PN50C550 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV


Samsung PN50C55 Review By Amazon Customer

I've had mine for two weeks now and could not be more pleased with my choice. I reviewed LCD, LED and Plasma as I was looking for something in the 46"-50" range. I had narrowed my options down to the Panny G15 ogr G20 and this set. Frankly, they both had a few reports of problems. The Pannys being the changing black levels that panasonic says is a planned adjustment as the set ages vs. the buzzing that some Samsung Plasma owners seem to get. I decided that the buzzing was a hit or miss and if I got one that did buzz, I would return it and by another at a later date. Sicne the Panny is engineered to adjust it's black levels and they are clearly not going to fix the issue with a firmware update, I scratched them from the list. This set has the best picture of anything I looked at straight out of the box. After tweaking with some settings I found on the web, It is truly like looking out a picture window into the real world.




Acturate, lifelike colors that are not over saturated and look as natural as I've ever seen. Sound on this set is much better than many reviewers give it credit for as long as your not expecting 5.1 theater type sound from a tv. Plenty loud, no humming or hissing or problems for my family. There's plenty of hookups (4 HDMI, PC, Componet and composite for most everyones needs.

PN50C550

I've mounted mine on the wall using a mount from monoprice and it's now it's like the home theater I always wanted. Great picture from about 10' viewing distance. For under $1200, I feel like I stole this set. If your looking, make sure you give this one a try.

One last thing is to READ the manual. there are a few tips inside that are priceless. One is that the "pixal orbiter" that prevents burn in requires a certain setting (can't remember it exactly since I set it up and forgot it). I used the settings in the Most Helpful Post in this forum and then tweaked slightly to the lighting conditions of my room. I'm currently running well below max brightness to help break the set in but it looks great so I doubt I'll turn it up any once I get a 1000 hours on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment